Good question, and a difficult one to answer.
We at Able Deen Shopmobility will do whatever we can to help you get out and about.
Since opening in 1992, it has been the mission of Shopmobility Aberdeen to ensure every person living, visiting or working in Aberdeen has access to all the city offers regardless of age, physical disability, sensory impairment, developmental disability or their mental health and whether that disability is temporary or permanent.
Our aims and objectives are:
- to remove the social and physical barriers to equality of mobility
- to create equality of access for all and to have local authorities and private businesses include everyone when planning their buildings, service provision and commercial activities
- to provide equipment and volunteer support to enable people with limited mobility to improve their access and ease of travel
- to take part actively in local authority planning and consultations to ensure that the needs of people with barriers to their mobility are respected and their requirements acted upon
- to seek out those who are socially isolated and provide them with the support they need to reintegrate with their communities, take part in social activities, participate in civic life and live independently in their own homes for as long as possible.
All this boils down to one thing, tell us what you need and would like, and if we can make it happen, then we will.
Tel: 01224 254338
Facebook messenger: Shopmobility Aberdeen